Moist and decadent dark chocolate banana muffins
The most fantastic, easy, moist, rich and decadent chocolate and banana muffins. Not too sweet yet super luscious.*
For 9 Serving(s)
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- 1 generous tsp baking soda
- 30 g dark cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 270 g ripe bananas
- 30 g white sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 60 ml vegetable oil (I used sunflower oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60 g dark chocolate (70%)
- 40 g dark chocolate (70%) (for the topping)
Moist and decadent dark chocolate banana muffins Directions
- Mix sifted flour, baking soda, dark cocoa powder and salt.
- In the second bowl mash very ripe bananas with a fork.
- Add egg, sugar, oil, vanilla extract and stir.
- Combine ingredients of two bowls and stir. Add 60 grams of chopped dark chocolate and mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Put the paper liners in the muffin pan and fill them up to 3/4 in height with prepared batter. Divide the rest of chopped chocolate between muffins.
- Bake in preheated static oven at 175 °C for 20 to 25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
*For this recipe I was positively surprised by the excellent quality of cupcake liners made by Decora. Not only they have kept their original shape but they have not changed their color nor they have become greasy during the baking time.
Made these today, and they're sooo yummy! I ate 5...lol - Josephine C