Pumpkin and orange muffins
If you have any leftover pumpkin puree, these muffins are for you. Delicate, moist, dense. With a delicate scent of orange and a simple jam glaze that adds a touch of sweetness. In case you do not have any pumpkin puree ready to use, here is my recipe for an easy homemade pumpkin puree.
For 4 Person(s)
- 250 g pumpkin puree
- 100 ml fresh orange juice
- 50 ml milk
- 100 g melted butter
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 50 g potato starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 80 g brown sugar
- 1 orange (only the zest)
- 100 g smooth orange marmalade
Pumpkin and orange muffins Directions
- Blend the pumpkin puree with orange juice.
- In a bowl mix the flour, sugar, potato starch, baking powder, baking soda, salt and set aside.
- In a second bowl, mix the cooled down melted butter, eggs, milk and orange zest.
- Add the pumpkin and the flour mix. Briefly stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Line your muffin panwith paper liners and fill up to 3/4 in height with the prepared batter. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Prepare the glaze by dissolving the orange marmalade with a few tablespoons of water (on a low flame). Once the muffins are baked let them cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then take the muffins out and let them cool completely. Once they are cooled down brush them with the prepared glaze.
lot of love. B.
I didn't mind doing the glaze on top. These were really moist thank yiou. - allosK