Melt in your mouth cocoa and kefir cookies
As mentioned, these cocoa and kefir cookies are very soft and practically melt in your mouth. They are also really easy and quick to prepare which makes them perfect for breakfast or a snack.
For 1 Dozen(s)
- 130 g all-purpose flour
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp baking soda
- 40 g dark cocoa powder
- 100 g (or less) white sugar
- 130 ml kefir or buttermilk
- 60 g melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
Melt in your mouth cocoa and kefir cookies Directions
- Sift flour, baking soda and dark cocoa powder. Add salt and sugar and stir.
- In the second bowl whisk kefir with lukewarm melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients into the kefir mix and stir briefly until all the ingredients are well combined. The dough should be thick and sticky. Cover a baking pan with baking paper and use a tablespoon to make small scoops of the mixture, spacing them well apart on the baking tray.
* I slightly modified recipe from Moje Wypieki