Chocolate chips and mixed seeds healthy biscotti
These chocolate biscotti are not only delicious but also healthy. Delicious, full of mixed seeds* (pumpkin, flax, sunflower and sesame seeds) but also chocolate chips and dark cocoa powder. Sweet at the right point thanks to the addition of brown sugar and completely fat-free. Wonderful with a cup of milk.
For 1 Dozen(s)
- 100 g mixed seeds (I used Italian mixed seeds by Cerreto)
- 125 g all-purpose flour
- 20 g dark cocoa powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 g dark chocolate chips
- 140 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- brown sugar
Chocolate chips and mixed seeds healthy biscotti Directions
- For this recipe I used mixed seeds by Cerreto. Perfect for bread and salads but I but also in healthy sweet dishes like these cookies.
- Bring together all the ingredients except the eggs in a bowl. Mix well to remove any lumps (you can also previously sift flour, cocoa and baking soda).
- Add eggs and stir. Knead the dough briefly until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Move the dough on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and use your palms to create a rectangular shape about 2 - 3 cm high. Brush it with some milk and add a sprinkle of brown sugar.
- Bake in the preheated static oven at 180 °C for 20 minutes. After this time take the pan out from the oven, wait 5 minutes and cut the dough into 1 - 2 cm wide biscotti. Arrange them on the baking tray facing upwards and cook for 12 minutes then flip and cook for another 12 to 13 minutes.
This recipe was born thanks to the collaboration with Cerreto - a company that offers high quality organic food products and supplements.
I made this recipe today and it turned out pretty great! I followed the recipe EXACTLY. - Maria Sidi