The Snickerdoodles are typical American soft cookies covered with sugar and cinnamon. They have amazing soft texture, they are aromatic, sweet but with a hint of salty. This adorable cookies will make your breakfasts and snacks really special!
For 2 Dozen(s)
- 200 g soft butter
- 0.5 cup white sugar
- 0.5 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2.75 cup all-purpose flour
- 0.5 lemon (only the zest)
Ingredients for the topping
- 0.25 cup (or less) white sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- In a bowl place the butter and beat it slowly with two types of sugar until it becomes light and fluffy (2 - 3 minutes).
- Add egg, egg yolk, vanilla extract and beat for a minute with the electric mixer until incorporated.
- Add salt, cinnamon, lemon zest, baking soda and cream of tartar. Beat again for another 30 seconds.
- Add flour and stir briefly until just incorporated.
- Shape the dough into small balls. Mix sugar and cinnamon then roll balls in cinnamon - sugar mixture.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper then and flatten them slightly.
Looks beautiful and delicious - Sandjajam