Cinnamon and cardamom cheesecake
Creamy and intense cheesecake thanks to the addition of spices such as cardamom and cinnamon. The base is made of crumbled cookies and shredded coconut which creates a surprising union of scent and flavour.*
For 8 Person(s)
- 450 g spreadable cream cheese (I used Arla cream cheese)
- 120 g brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 small eggs or 2 big
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 85 g cookies of your choice
- 45 g shredded coconut
- 30 g melted butter
Cinnamon and cardamom cheesecake Directions
- For this recipe I used cream cheese made by Arla that was kindly offered to me by its manufacturer. This cheese is 100% natural. It contains no preservatives, coloring agents, additives or stabilizers of any kind.
- Whisk spreadable cream cheese, brown sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract and eggs. Put aside for a few minutes and stir again to let the brown sugar dissolve well.
- Add spices and whisk again. Place the mixture in the refrigerator for 3 hours. This will allow this cheesecake to become perfectly creamy and smooth during baking process.
- Prepare the cookie base. Blend your cookies with shredder coconut. Add melted butter and stir.
- For this recipe I used a round silicone baking pan, but a classic springform pan is fine too. Cover the bottom of a 20 cm round pan with a circle of baking paper (not necessary if you use the silicone pan). Fill the bottom of the pan with prepared mixture. Press on the bottom with a spoon to make it even. Put in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 165 °C. Stir the cream cheese mixture and pour it over the cookie base. Bake for about 1 hour or until the cheesecake remains completely compact and elastic to the touch.
This recipe was born from the collaboration with ARLA .
OMG!!! Cinnamon and Cheesecake in the same recipe? Drooooolllllllllll............. - Lynn J