Oven roasted veggie fries
A delicious side dish of mixed vegetables that have been roasted in the oven. An easy way to get your kids eat some more veggies. The use of starch creates a crispy layer on the vegetables and the addition of fresh herbs make them even more fragrant.
For 2 Person(s)
- 3 small potatoes
- 5 small carrots
- 5 small parsley roots
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 tbsp (or more) corn or potato starch
- 2 tbsp (or more) extra virgin olive oil
- fresh herbs of your choice (I used thyme)
- salt to taste
Oven roasted veggie fries Directions
- Prepare your vegetables. Clean and peel the potatoes, carrots and parsley roots. Discard the tips from the zucchini. Cut the vegetables into sticks and dry them gently with paper towels to remove some moisture.
- Place the vegetables in a bowl and add potato (or corn) starch. Toss to completely cover your veggies with the starch.
- Add oil, herbs and salt (I used fresh thyme and half a teaspoon of salt) and toss again.
Hands down the BEST veggie fries I have eaten. - SuzLee83