Another version of hummus. This time I used pumpkin to give a little sweetness to one of my favorite side dishes. Pumpkin goes perfectly with chickpeas, paprika (both sweet and smoked) and the heat of the chili powder. If you do not have ready to use pumpkin puree no problem on foodohfood you can find recipe that tells you how to make homemade pumpkin puree.
For 1 Batch(es)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 can chickpeas
- tahini to taste (I used 4 tsp)
- 0.5 lemon (only the juice)
- 1 tsp sweet or smoked paprika
- chili powder or cayenne pepper to taste
- some water
- pinch of salt
- olive oil to taste
- red pepper flakes for garnish (optional)
Pumpkin hummus Directions
- Place drained chickpeas, tahini, pumpkin puree, lemon juice, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and a few tablespoons of water in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add a few tablespoons of water if you want a more liquid hummus.
I followed this recipe except for the tahini. It turned out great, and I will make it again. I have ...
See Full Review >> - JennyK