Sweet and savory giant white beans stew
A warm and tasty side dish made with white beans. This hearty, sweet and sour dish perfect with a homemade bruschetta or a warm piece of flat bread.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 can large butter beans or another kind of white beans
- 2 medium onions
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tomatoes
Sweet and savory giant white beans stew Directions
- Drain and rinse your beans and set them aside.
- Blanch the tomatoes with boiling water, remove the skin and cut them into quarters. Set aside.
- Toast coriander and cumin seeds in a dry pan for 3 - 4 minutes. Put the seeds into a mortar, add paprika and cinnamon and grind.
- Heat oil and butter in a pan. Add onion slices and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the onions have softened, about 4 - 6 minutes.
- Add chopped garlic and spices. Cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant for about 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, salt, sugar, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium - low and simmer, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.
(diet, vegetarian, gluten free)
nice and quick, hearty bean stew. added some fresh sprigs of rosemary and thyme (pulled when done si...
See Full Review >> - robtheintz