This particular dish has become popular among food bloggers in the last two years and I was really eager to try it. To be honest, this dish really surprised me. I was very skeptical about having the cauliflower in place of the classic pizza dough and yet the end result is very pleasant and tasty. It is a union of flavors between some kind of vegetable hash brown, the smells of various spices and yumminess of melted cheese.
For 8 Serving(s)
- 500 g cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 30 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 100 g mozzarella cheese (for the dough)
- 80 g mozzarella cheese (for the garnish)
- 1 small garlic clove
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp dried basil or some fresh basil leaves
- 1 pinch of pepper
- a chili flakes or chili powder (optional) to taste
Cauliflower pizza Directions
- Clean the cauliflower and divide into florets.
- Pulse batches of cauliflower in a food processor, until a rice-like texture is achieved. Place the chopped cauliflower in a bowl, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and put aside for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the cauliflower with heands to eliminate the excess of liquid. Add finely chopped garlic, grated Parmesan cheese, 100 g of grated mozzarella, egg, basil, pepper and a pinch of red chili flakes or chili powder to give a little bit of spiciness.
- Mix well. Using your hands roll out "the dough" on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. This pizza should be a few millimeters - 1 cm high.
I've made these with broccoli instead it doesn't absorb as much water as the cauliflower and it's al...
See Full Review >> - j81jevon