Quick bread with marinated roasted bell peppers and cheese
This golden loaf punctuated by melted cheese and grilled peppers* is delicious and easy to prepare. Fragrant and versatile.
For 12 Serving(s)
- 140 g wholemeal flour
- 280 g all-purpose flour
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 160 g marinated roasted bell peppers (I used Ursini brand)
- 120 g edamer or cheddar cheese
- 70 ml olive oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 250 ml room temperature milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Quick bread with marinated roasted bell peppers and cheese Directions
- For this recipe I used grilled peppers in oil made by Citres. Fragrant and very tasty even after they were baked in the oven.
- Whisk milk with lemon juice and set aside for 10 minutes to make it curdle.
- Mix 2 types of flour with the sieved baking powder and a pinch of salt. Add diced cheese and bell peppers that have been previously drained from their oil and chopped. Mix well to cover all the pieces of bell peppers with flour.
- Meanwhile, whisk 2 eggs with oil and curdled milk. Add the mixture into the flour and stir gently until incorporated. Pour the mixture into baking tray covered with baking paper and make it even on the surface using a spoon.
- Bake in preheated static oven at 180 °C for about 1 hour or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
* This post was born thanks to the collaboration with the company Citres - excellent Italian pickled food products.
This looks sooo good!! This is a 'must try' recipe! - Tango Joe