Italian potato cake with spinach
This Italian potato cake (gateau di patate) is simple yet original and tasty dish thanks to the addition of spinach that gives it not only a beautiful green color but also a rich and inviting flavor.
For 4 Person(s)
Ingredients for a 30 cm wide poteto cake
- 580 g drained spinac
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 eggs
- 1.5 kg potato
- 80 g (or more) grated pecorino cheese
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- olive oil
Italian potato cake with spinach Directions
- Peel your potatoes and boil them in salted water. Drain and pass through the potato masher. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and grated pecorino cheese. Mix well, taste and adjust with more salt and pepper if necessary.
- In a non-stick pan cook drained spinach together with a clove of garlic, a tablespoon of olive oil and salt and pepper, stirring often for about 8 -10 minutes until they become fragrant and tasty. Turn off the heat and let cool down for 10 minutes.
- Put spinach and eggs in a blender jug. Blend everything until it becomes perfectly smooth.
- Mix together mashed potatoes with blended spinach. Grease a 30 cm round baking dish with some oil and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Pour the potato mixture into the pan and spread it evenly.