Easy chickpea curry with peanuts and coconut milk
Rich, intense, easy chickpea curry with a distinct peanut flavor that makes it fragrant and inviting. Comforting gluten free and vegan meal.
For 3 Person(s)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cm fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 80 g peanuts (shell off)
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 0.5 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 can chickpeas or previously cooked dried chickpeas
- 350 ml vegetable stock
- 230 g canned diced tomatoes (or fresh tomatoes)
- salt and pepper to taste
- chili pepper to taste
- 125 ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp (or more) lemon juice
- 1 handful baby spinach (optional) or some chopped spring onion
Easy chickpea curry with peanuts and coconut milk Directions
- Peel the peanuts and toast them for a few minutes on a pan together with the cumin and coriander seeds. Put them into a blender and blend. Set aside.
- In a large pan heat the olive oil. Combine finely chopped ginger and garlic and cook for a couple of minutes to make them fragrant. Add turmeric and ground peanuts and mix.
- Add sliced carrots and previously drained chickpeas. Then add vegetable stock and tomatoes. Mix and cook on medium - low heat for about 20 minutes stirring often. While the curry is thickening, taste and adjust with salt, pepper and chili powder. After 20 minutes if your curry is thick enough add the coconut milk and cook another 5 minutes on low heat.
- Combine the lemon juice and a handful of baby spinach, taste and adjust with salt and pepper if neecessary. Serve hot with rice or with Indian naan bread.
lot of love. B.
(diet, vegetarian, gluten free, lactose free)
wow! this is so easy and so yum. I followed your instructions to the point and my partner loved it. - Daphne Ramirez