Cod burger with spicy sauce and cucumber
Easy and fast cod burger with fresh cucumber and a slightly spicy sauce. Delicious and satisfying.
For 6 Serving(s)
- 400 g fresh or thawed cod fillets
- 0.5 tsp (or more) salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 0.5 tsp turmeric
- 0.5 tsp paprika
- 1 small egg
- 30 g breadcrumbs
- olive oil
- bead slices (I used sourdough whole wheat bread)
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 tbsp (or more) mayonnaise
- 0.5 tbsp (or more) ketchup
- 0.5 lime or lemon (only the juice)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper or chili powder
Cod burger with spicy sauce and cucumber Directions
- Create the sauce by mixing the mayonnaise with ketchup, lime juice and chili powder or cayenne pepper. Taste, adjust with more spice and set aside.
- Using the fork or hands divide the cod fillets into smaller pieces. Add salt, pepper, turmeric and paprika and mix well.
- Add the egg and breadcrumbs and mix again. If necessary add some breadcrumbs, the patty should be easy to handle but not too dry.
- Create about 4 - 6 burgers and cook on medium heat, in a lightly grased non-stick frying pan, for about 6 - 8 minutes on each side (depends on how thick your fish burgers are).
(diet, lactose free)
cucumber and sauce were just perfect but the burger didn't need any egg. too rubbery - missjeni