Sweet and spicy homemade pineapple chilli sauce
This sweet and spicy sauce is perfect with many Asian dishes such as tempura or spring rolls but also goes well with cheese, stuffed focaccia, sandwiches and oven baked fish.
For 4 Person(s)
- 500 ml fresh pineapple juice (or store bought pineapple juice, in this case decrease the sugar)
- 240 ml apple cider vinegar
- 150 g sugar
- 2 big garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp (or more) chilli pepper flakes
- 240 ml water
- 2 tbsp corn starch
Sweet and spicy homemade pineapple chilli sauce Directions
- Place all ingredients except water and cornstarch in a pot. Stir, turn on the heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook over medium heat for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in a cup of cold water. Pour the mixture into the sauce and cook over medium heat until the sauce thickens.
I just love sweet sauce. Thank you that looks super nice - Jo JOx