Sweet and sour chutney with pineapple and five spices
This sweet and sour chutney is made with fresh pineapple, apples and ginger. Enriched with a mixture of 5 spice powder* (fennel, cinnamon, cloves, pepper and star anise) this slightly spicy chutney is perfect with seasoned cheeses, fish and meat.
For 1 Batch(es)
- 460 g fresh pineapple (weight of peeled pineapple)
- 2 apples (me Golden Delicious)
- 1 piece (about 4 cm) fresh ginger
- 100 ml apple cider vinegar
- 50 g brown sugar
- fresh chilli pepper to taste
- 1 generous tsp 5 spice powder (me Italian Cannamela powder)
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 pinch salt
Sweet and sour chutney with pineapple and five spices Directions
- For this recipe I used 5 spices blend by Cannamela. This blend of Asian origin is perfect to prepare recipes with meat, fish, spicy vegetables but also to prepare cakes and desserts. The mixture consists of fennel, cinnamon, cloves, pepper and star anise.
- Peel the fruit and cut it into cubes. Use a teaspoon to peel the ginger and cut it in half. Put everything in a pot and add rest of the ingredients. Stir and turn the heat on.
- Cook over medium - low heat, without lid, until the fruit liquid is reduced, the apples are almost dissolved and the pineapple becomes tender (1 hour - 1 hour and 30 minutes). Remove the ginger. Once the chutney is ready it should be cooled down completely and stored in the fridge for 5 to 6 days.
lot of love. B.
This recipe was sponsored by Cannamela - company specialized in the production and distribution of spices from all over the world.
I love chutney. I'm going to try this one for sure! - Bab89