Homemade citrus marmalade
How to prepare citrus marmalade at home? There's nothing more simple. Follow this recipe and in no time you can have in your pantry this delicious and luscious orange, grapefruit and lemon marmalade.
For 8 Person(s)
- 6 oranges
- 2 grapefruits
- 2 lemons
- brown sugar (same weight as the fruit pulp)
- 200 ml of water for each kilogram of sugar
Homemade citrus marmalade Directions
- Peel the fruit, remove all the white filamentous parts, cuticles, seeds. Save the pulp and the juice.
- Weigh the pulp with the juice and add equivalent weight in sugar and 200 ml of water for every kilogram of sugar.
- Bring to a boil and cook, stirring frequantly, for about 1 hour. To check if the jam is ready just put one drop of marmalade on a plate that you have previously put in a freezer. If the drop becomes dense in a short time then the marmalade is ready. Transfer boiling hot marmalade to sterile, airtight containers. Close the lid and turn the jars upside down to create the vacuum effect.
lot of love. B.
pretty sweet, you can taste some bitterness, love the photo - morgana