Apple and pumpkin spread
This apple and pumpkin spread embodies flavours and scents of autumn. Sweet and delicious, it is perfect for pancakes, waffles, cakes and it's excellent as a sauce for savory dishes such as poultry and cheese.
For 4 Person(s)
- 250 g pumpkin puree
- 4 medium apples (not too sweet)
- 3 tbsp (or more) brown sugar
- pinch of nutmeg
- 0.25 tsp cinnamon
- 0.5 lemon (only the zest)
Apple and pumpkin spread Directions
- Peel, core and roughly chop the apples. Stir together fruit, sugar, spices and zest in a heavy bottom pan.
- Cover the pan and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the apples are soft, about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and using a stand blender or immersion blender, puree the mixture until smooth. Return it to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, about 15 - 20 minutes until it has thickened.
Transfer boiling hot spread to sterile, airtight containers. Close the lid and turn the jars upside down to create the vacuum effect. You can also let cool completely and refrigerate up to 5 days or freeze up to 3 months.
lot of love. B.
looks yummy. i will add a lot of cinnamon in it. i love cinnamon - Michael Solonom