Savory smoked cheese crepes
Simple and delicious savory crepes with cheese. The use of smoked cheese in the batter makes them fragrant and tasty while the goat cream cheese adds a soft and delicate filling.
For 1 Dozen(s)
- 360 ml milk
- 70 g smoked cheese (I used smoked scamorza)
- 2 eggs
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- 0.5 tsp (or less) salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 0.5 tsp sugar
- soft goat cheese for the filling
Savory smoked cheese crepes Directions
- Heat the milk to the boiling point. Add the grated smoked cheese and stir to melt it completely. Set aside to cool down.
- Add the eggs, sugar, salt, oil and mix. Finally, add the flour and stir with a whisk to make a smooth batter. Do not overmix - that makes the crepes rubbery.
- Preheat the frying pan. If necessary grease lightly with oil (depending on the type of the pan) and helping yourself with a ladle pour the batter on the pan. Swirl and tilt the pan to create a thin, even layer. Cook the crepes until golden brown on both sides. Continue in this manner with the rest of the batter.
- Fill the crepes with some soft goat cheese. Fold two sides towards the center of crepes and then roll it.
I reccomend putting much more cheese. You cant feel the smoky taste - Hilary_B