Soft potato silesian dumplings
These soft dumplings with a particular shape come from the Polish tradition. Simple and genuine contain very few ingredients and are quick and easy to prepare. Their shape with a dimple in the middle make them an excellent side dish for meals with meat sauce, cheese or other creamy sauces.
For 3 Person(s)
- 1.5 kg potatoes
- 1 egg
- 0.25 measure of potato starch (see instructions)
- 1 pinch (or more) of salt
Soft potato silesian dumplings Directions
- Boil peeled potatoes in salted water. Drain, wait for ithem to cool slightly then mash until smooth. Set aside until they are cold.
- The next procedure is the same for any pot or bowl that you are going to use. Put the mashed potatoes into a bowl, press and level potatoes by hand and with a knife divide into 4 equal parts.
- With the spoon take 1/4 of boiled potatoes and place on top of other 3/4. Pour the starch into the hole created and fill it entirely up to the height of 3/4 of potatoes. Then add an egg and a pinch of salt.
- Mix well until all ingredients are incorporated. Lightly flour your hands. Take a bit of dough and make a ball of a size of a walnut. Make a dimple in the center of the ball by using your knuckle of finger. Set aside on a lightly floured surface and do the same with the rest of the dough. If you feel that the dough is too feeble add more potato starch.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Place some part of the dumplings into the water and cook them for 3 - 5 minutes. The cooking time depends on the quality of the potatoes. Taste the gnocchi during cooking, they should be tender but compact. Drain and set aside. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
lot of love. B.
in college i had polish roommate and i loved her cooking so i was pretty curious to make these and t...
See Full Review >> - gillian goerge