Spinach and ricotta gnudi with brown butter sauce
Gnudi are ravioli without pasta (called "naked") of the Tuscan tradition. These soft and tasty kind of gnocchi with spinach are made with the use of very few ingredients and they are very delicate and soft.
For 2 Person(s)
- 300 g ricotta cheese
- 400 g fresh spinach
- 1 egg
- 70 g of Parmesan cheese
- 0.25 tsp of nutmeg
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- pinch (or more) of salt and pepper
- 50 g butter
- a few leaves of fresh sage
- flour to form gnudi
Spinach and ricotta gnudi with brown butter sauce Directions
- Wash spinach and eliminated toughest parts. Blanch vegetables in boiling water for about 5 minutes. Drain and once cooled down, squeeze to remove excess water, then chop finely.
- Gather in a bowl: spinach with ricotta, egg, Parmesan cheese, flour and nutmeg. Add salt and pepper.
- Stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
- For creation of gnudi use your generously floured hands to roll small balls. Place gnudi, spaced apart, on a baking tray or large plate covered with more flour.
- Boil a pot of salted water. Cook gnudi until they afloat like gnocchi. Drain, put on a large plate and prepare the sauce.
omg these were amazing. so soft and creamy, just melting in my mouth. - gnudi lover