Pasta with creamy pumpkin sauce
A simple, tasty and healthy recipe. This pumpkin sauce is quick and easy to prepare. Creamy and dense, sweet yet salty thanks to the addition of grated parmesan cheese.
For 1 Person(s)
- 150 g pumpkin
- 50 g pasta
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 tbsp milk
- salt to taste
- nutmeg to taste
- olive oil to taste
Pasta with creamy pumpkin sauce Directions
- In a saucepan boil some water, add peeled pumpkin and cook it until it becomes tender.
- Boil the water with very little or no salt. Add the pasta and follow instructions on the box.
- Pour a some oil (I put 2 teaspoons) in a pan. Add previously chopped garlic and cook for a minute. Add your pumpkin, mash it with a fork and cook for a few minutes.
- Add milk, Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, then stir and cook for another minute.
- If the sauce is too thick add a few tablespoons of the cooking water from the pasta (2 tablespoons in my case). Taste and add some salt if necessary.
My son is the pumpkin lover at my house. Must try this one! I'll let you know. - Geniece White