Pound cake with dried plums and white chocolate cream
The addition of orange marmalade into the batter makes this pound cake particularly fragrant while the pieces of dried plums add extra texture and taste. The cake is All covered with white chocolate and mascarpone cream and garnished with pomegranate seeds and raspberries. Delicate and sweet, easy and elegante Christmas pound cake.
Per 8 Person(s)
- 120 g soft butter (I used unsulted butter by Lurpak)
- 100 g orange marmalade
- 60 g white sugar
- 75 ml milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 150 g all-purpose flour
- 50 g corn starch
- 4 g baking powder
- 4 egg whites
- 60 g white sugar
- 100 g dried plums (I used plums made by Monte Re)
Ingredients for the cream
- 50 ml milk
- 50 ml whipping cream
- 1 tsp acacia honey
- 3 g gelatin sheets or gelatin powder
- 100 g white chocolate
- 125 g mascarpone cheese (room temperature)
Istruzioni: Pound cake with dried plums and white chocolate cream
- For this recipe I used dried Modena plums from Monte Rè. Soft and delicious, not too sweet, perfect for this type of dessert.
- Prepare the cream the night before. soak gelatin sheets in cold water for 10 minutes. If you use powdered gelatine, add some cold water and let it swell for 10 minutes. Melt white chocolate over water bath or in microwave and set asside. Meanwhile bring to a boiling point whipping cream, milk and honey. Squeeze gelatin sheets to get out extra moisture. Add the gelatin to the heated cream and mix well to make it melt completely. Pour hot milk over white chocolate (in 3 rounds) stirring well each time, then use your hand blender and blend it all for a couple of minutes. Gradually add mascarpone while still blending. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator until it solidifies, for at least 8 hours, better all night.
- All ingredients must be at room temperature. Cut dried plums into very small pieces and set aside. The pieces must be very small, otherwise they fall on the bottom of the poundcake.
- Whip the butter with the marmalade and sugar until it becomes light and frothy.
- Stir milk with egg yolks and set aside. Sift flour, baking powder and corn starch and set aside. Add the liquids and the flour mixture to the butter gradually alternating between them and beating on low speed each time. Finally add the plums and mix again.
- Whip the egg whites with sugar until stif peaks form then stir in gently into the batter.
- Pour into baking tray previously lined with baking paper and bake in the preheated oven at 200 °C for about 50 minutes (or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the plumcake comes out clean). If the plumcake becomes golden too quickly, cover it with aluminum foil.
- Turn off the oven and open the oven slightly. Let rest the cake in the oven with for another 10 minutes then take the cake from the pan and let it cool completely on a cooling rack.
This recipe comes from the collaboration with Monte Rè - a company specialized in the cultivation of plums and in the production of food products related to them.
This recipe was created thanks to the collaboration with Lurpak. Excellent Danish butter perfect for professional pastry making and for homemade use.
Greetings!! I saved this recipe on pinterest and decided to make it today and I must say that it cam...
Leggi l'intero commento >> - Miriam