Wholemeal flour peach galette
In the summer period this wholemeal peach galette is a Must in my home. An union between the sweetness of the peache , deep flavor of whole wheat flour trapped in a crispy pastry, and the hint of spiciness coming from the ground ginger. Try it still warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
For 4 Person(s)
- 120 g wholemeal flour
- 60 g all-purpose flour
- 100 g cold butter
- 2 tbsp (or more) brown sugar
- 1 pinch ofa salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger or cinnamon
- 5 tbsp cold water
- 2 peaches
- 2 tbsp (or less) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (or less) corn or potato starch
- 0.5 tsp ground ginger or cinnamon
- 100 g (or more) orange marmalade
Wholemeal flour peach galette Directions
- In a bowl pour the two flours, add a pinch of salt, brown sugar, ground ginger (or cinnamon) and the cold butter cut into small pieces.
- Using a fork or your fingertips crumble the butter with the flour until it becomes like sand.
- Add the cold water, stir and knead briefly. Make a ball of dough. Wrap the ball in plastic wrap and let rest in refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- Prepare the peaches. Peel them, remove the seed and cut into wedges. Place the pieces of fruit in a bowl and sprinkle with sugar, potato starch, and more ginger. Stir gently to completely cover the fruit.
- Take the dough from the refrigerator and place it on a layer of baking paper. Using a rolling pin (and the plastic wrap that you used before) roll out the dough directly on baking paper up to a thickness of about 4/5 mm. Arrange the slices of peaches on the center of the pastry, leaving a 3/4 cm edge.
- Using th baking paper fold the edges of the pastry towards the center, creating a border. Bake in a preheated oven at 180° for 45 minutes.
- Prepare the glaze by dissolving the jam with a few tablespoons of water at low heat.
I love fruit cakes. this one is soooo easy! - flowerbee