Spinach and honey steamed cupcakes
These cupcakes have a very delicate flavor, a surprising texture and a mild honey aftertaste. The spinach provides the color but does not spoil the flavor. In order to cook them you need a steaming basket or a steamer.
For 6 Serving(s)
- 40 g baby spinach
- 60 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 40 g (or more) honey
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- lemon zest to taste (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Spinach and honey steamed cupcakes Directions
- Blend milk and spinach in a vertical blender or with an immersion blender and set aside.
- Beat egg with honey using whisk until you have a light colour liquid full of bubbles.
- Add spinach mix, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, some grated lemon zest and stir.
- Add sifted flour and half of a teaspoon of baking powder. Stir gently incorporating the flour then stir in 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place some aluminum baking cups for panna cotta, silicon moulds for muffins, or heat-resistant small cups in the steamer or in the steaming basket. Place cupcake liners in each mold. Fill each paper liner up to 3/4 in height with the prepared batter.
- Steam for about 15 minutes. Once cooked do not uncover immediately the steamer or the cooking basket but move the lid (being careful not to burn yourself) slightly to release the steam. In this way the temperature inside will not decrease drastically and your muffins will not get flat. After a few minutes, remove the lid completely. Take them out of the molds and let cool down completely before serving.
lot of love. B.
looks so pretty but they are kind of dull. I though they'll be like more sweet - Patty Brew