Honey and butter cake with fluffy polenta cream
A perfect cake for any occasion. Nice to look at and easy to cut. Thin layers of honey cake overlaid with a fluffy, cooked in milk polenta mixed with a amazing Lurpak butter and lemon juice*. Delicate and particular flavor. The cake can be prepared two days before as the layers in this period of time become softer and softer until they melt in your mouth.
For 4 Person(s)
- 200 g slightly salted soft butter (I used butter made by Lurpak)
- 500 g all-purpose flour
- 130 g powdered sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp honey
Ingredients for the cream
- 120 g polenta
- 750 ml milk
- 100 g brown sugar
- 160 g soft butter (I butter made by Lurpak)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp (or more) lemon juice
- 40 g butter
- 100 g milk chocolate
Honey and butter cake with fluffy polenta cream Directions
- Beat the butter with the icing sugar until it becomes light and frothy.
- Add honey and beat again, then gradually add eggs and mount each time until combined. Finally unite sifted flour, baking soda and a pinch of salt. Mix until smooth. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal parts. Roll each piece of dough (dust with more flour if necessary) until you obtain a few millimeters high square (me 26 x 26 cm). Bake each square in a preheated static oven at 180 °C for ten minutes or until it becomes slightly golden. Take from the oven and continue in the same way with the other pieces of the dough.
- Cook polenta together with milk and the sugar following the manufacturer's instructions. Let it cool completely. Beat the butter until it becomes light and frothy. Gradually add cooked polenta and finally the vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- Assemble the cake by overlaping thin crust layers and polenta cream.
This recipe was created thanks to the collaboration with Lurpak. Excellent Danish butter perfect for professional pastry making and for homemade use.
Ok this cake was one of the best cakes I have ever eaten. Just amazing - Andrea