Aromatic plum cake
Quick and easy, soft and aromatic cake with organic plums that have been kindly provided to me by Bioexpress* (see the notes). Adding banana into the dough makes it delicious, moist and sweet, while brown sugar mixed with cinnamon and nutmeg creates a slightly crunchy topping.
For 4 Person(s)
- 100 g soft butter
- 120 g brown sugar
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 ripe banana
- 260 g all-purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 3 tbsp room temperature milk
- 5 plums
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 generous pinch nutmeg
Aromatic plum cake Directions
- Beat butter with brown sugar for a couple of minutes until it becomes light and frothy. Gradually add eggs and continue to beat. Finally, add sliced ripe banana and beat until it is well blended.
- Add previously sifted flour and baking powder and gently strir in. Combine vanilla extract and milk and mix. The batter should be quite dense but smooth.
- Lightly grease and dust with some flour a baking tray (my 30 x 30 cm). Pour the batter into the baking pan and add split in half plums (discard the seed) with the skin part facing down. Spread the surface of the cake with sugar mixed with cinnamon and nutmeg.
In this recipe I used organic plums that Bioexpress - has provided to me. The fruit that I was given were fresh and super sweet.
I want stuck my thumb in that plum... looks so invitingly delicious! - little jelly