Grilled zucchini hummus with fresh thyme
A delicious hummus variation with grilled zucchini, fresh thyme and grated lemon zest. Rich, dense, and fresh.
For 1 Batch(es)
- 250 g zucchini
- lemon zest to taste
- 1 tbsp (or less) fresh thyme
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1 can chickpeas
- tahini to taste (I used 2 tsp)
- 0.5 lemon (only the juice)
- olive oil for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
Grilled zucchini hummus with fresh thyme Directions
- Wash the zucchini and cut off the tips. Using a sharp knife or a mandolin slicer, cut the zucchini into long strips (about 0,5 cm high). Brush with some olive oil and grill on a cast iron, frying pan with thick bottom or a barbecue for about 5 minutes each side. Set aside and let cool down completely.
- Place grilled zucchini, chickpeas (previously drained), tahini, a pinch of salt and pepper, a hint of lemon zest, fresh thyme, lemon juice and about 3 tablespoons of water in a blander. Blend everything until smooth and creamy. Add more water if you prefer your hummus less dense.
- Add a handful of baby spinach and blend again. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper.
(diet, vegetarian, gluten free, lactose free)
Nice and easy to make recipe, thank you for sharing - Emilia Jasarovic