Savory spinach quick bread
The salty spinach and cheese plumcake is a one of my favorite savory cakes. A soft and rustic bread to eat by itself or with, for example, a tomato salad.
For 4 Person(s)
- 500 g fresh spinach
- 1 small onion
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 130 g mild cheddar cheese
- 70 g Pecorino cheese
- 100 g butter
- 8 g baking powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Savory spinach quick bread Directions
- Wash the spinach and blanch it in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Drain and set aside until it is warm. With your hands squeeze the spinach to remove excess water then chop roughly.
- In a pan, cook chopped onion with a tablespoon of butter until soft. Add spinach and a pinch of salt and cook over medium low heat for 5-7 minutes. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the rest of the previously melted butter.
- Add the sifted flour with the baking powder. Add the grated pecorino cheese and pepper.
- Add cheddar cubes and spinach with onion and stir to mix everything.
- Pour the butter into a loaf tin or plumcake tin (little smaller) previously lined with baking paper.
It turned out noot cooked in the middle. it needs more time in the oven. - David