Fish tacos - spiced hake, sweet and sour garnish and yogurt sauce
These fish tacos are rich in flavors and aromas. The hake fish together with spices such as chili powder, oregano and cumin becomes fragrant and tasty. Enriched with a mixed sweet and sour salad of raw vegetables and pineapple and a yogurt sauce makes them particularly delicious and inviting.
For 4 Person(s)
- 300 g hake fish (I used frozen hake)
- 0.5 tsp (or more) chili powder
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 0.5 tsp ground cumin
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp (or more) olive oil
Sweet and sour salad
- 1 red bell pepper
- 0.5 red onion
- 6 cherry tomatos or 1 medium tomato
- 1 slice (about 2 cm high) fresh pineapple
- 1 lime or lemon (only the juice)
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 pinch salt
Yogurt sauce (optional)
- 0.5 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 4 flour tortillas or Italian piada about 20 cm wide
- rocket salad for garnish
Fish tacos - spiced hake, sweet and sour garnish and yogurt sauce Directions
- Mix oil, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, oregano and chili powder. Add fresh or drained fish, stir well to coat and leave in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare yogurt sauce by stiring together yogurt, mayonese, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- To prepare the vegetables and pineapple dressing, wash and dry your vegetables. Cut tomatoes and bell pepper in half and using a teaspoon remove the inner seeds and filaments. Cut all your vegetables and pineapple into small cubes. Mix everything, add lime juice, a big pinch of salt and mix again.
- Cook your fish together with the mixture of spices on a non-stick pan adding more olive oil if necessary until the fish is completely cooked but not too dry. Once cooked use two forks to shred your fish and then set it aside.
- Heat up your flour tortillas or Italian piadina in a dry pan. For this dose of fish and seasoning I used 4 Italian piadelle about 20 cm wide. Stuff them with some rocket salad and raw sweet and sour vegetable salad. Add cooked fish and garnish everything with prepared sauce and then serve immediately.
lot of love. B.
W don't have hake around here. I will try cod with this recipe. - Dina