Super easy meringue decorations for cakes
A quick and easy way to create decorations for your Christmas cakes and other occasions. They bake when the oven is turned off (after reaching 180 °C) so you can prepare these meringues even when you're not at home or when you are asleep so you can use them the next morning.
For 1 Batch(es)
- 1 egg white
- 0.5 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pinch of cream of tartar
Super easy meringue decorations for cakes Directions
- Put an egg white in a bowl and begin to beat it with electric mixer using medium speed. Soon as the first foam appears add a pinch of cream of tartar and continue beating.
- Increase the speed of the mixer and begin to add, a tablespoon at a time, the icing sugar. Beat the egg white until stiff, the mixture should be shiny and fluffy.
- Now pour the mixture into a pastry bag with a decorating tip of your choice and create your decorations on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Use the toothpicks if you want to create some decorations that have to stand in vertical way on your cake.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C. As soon as the oven reaches that temperature switch it off, place the pan with your meringues into the oven and close it. The meringues will dry slowly while the oven temperature is getting low. Once ready gently take them from the parchment paper and use.
lot of love. B.
cool idea :D - barbarb