Beet greens and zucchini soup with coconut milk
This summer zucchini soup with beet greens is delicate and nutritious. Fresh ginger and coriander seeds add a delicious and fragrant note. Coconut milk adds delicate flavor that goes perfectly with summer vegetables such as zucchini. Light and healthy, rich and delicious soup.
For 6 Person(s)
- 1 piece fresh ginger (5 cm long)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 garlic cloves
- 750 g zucchini
- 600 g beet greens
- 1.5 liter vegetable stock
- 500 g potato
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 200 ml coconut milk (me 75%)
- fresh coriander leaves for garnish
Beet greens and zucchini soup with coconut milk Directions
- Wash and dry your vegetables. Peel garlic, ginger and potatoes. Divide beet greens into leaves and stems.
- In a pot heat up coconut oil. Add finely chopped ginger and after 1 minute add minced garlic and coriander seeds (if you do not like the strong flavor of whole coriander seeds I suggest you use coriander powder or crush your coriander in mortar). Cook over medium heat (don't burn your garlic) for a couple of minutes.
- Add finelly chopped beet green stalks and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini grated on a grater with large holes and a liter and a half of vegetable stock.
- Add coarsely choped beet leaves. Bring to boil and add diced potatoes. Cook for about 20 minutes or until your potatoes become soft. While cooking taste and adjust with salt and pepper.
- Turn off the heat. Let the soup cool down for 5 minutes then stir in 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Finally add coconut milk and stir again.