Passatelli with broth - Italian fresh pasta with lemon
Passatelli with broth is a typical traditional dish from Italy. This kind of “pasta” like noodles is created by combining eggs, nutmeg, bread, grated cheese and lemon zest. Cut by hand or created by passing through potato masher it's a perfect match for meat or vegetable broth. A recipe with a surprising taste, easy of making and with genuine ingredients.
For 3 Person(s)
- 80 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 100 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 0.5 tbsp flour
- 0.5 lemon (only the zest)
- pinch of nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 l (or less) vegetable broth
Passatelli with broth - Italian fresh pasta with lemon Directions
- Mix breadcrumbs, cheese, lemon zest, whole eggs, flour and a pinch of nutmeg in a bowl.
- Add salt and pepper and knead well with your hands until you have a smooth mixture, firm but not too hard. If necessary, add a few tablespoons of broth or breadcrumbs.*
- Bring broth to a gentle boil. Divide the dough into smaller pieces. Using the potato masher with large holes drop passatelli directly in broth. In case you do not have a potato masher you can make long strips of dough by hand and cut them vertically creating small pieces of passatelli.
The internal structure of passatelli changes depending on the quality of bread that you used. Passatelli can be very firm or slightly jagged and brittle.
I wasn't expecting this flavour. Pretty good. Going to make them again thx - lesllie