Pizza dough with durum wheat flour
This pizza dough with the addition of durum wheat flour is a long rising pizza. Compared to the classic pizza dough with bread flour or all-purpose flour, using durum wheat flour in the dough makes it easier to digest. The slow rising let you prepare the dough the day before in the evening and then bake crispy and delicious pizza during the next day.
For 2 Serving(s)
- 272 g strong bread flour
- 100 g durum wheat flour
- 240 ml water at room temperature
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 7 g active dry yeast
Pizza dough with durum wheat flour Directions
- In a bowl mix bread flour, durum wheat flour and active dry yeast. Add water, oil and salt.
- Knead the dough by hand (or with a stand mixer with a hook) about 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Grease a bowl or a plastic container with some oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rise for 1 hour then put in a fridge for 12 hours.
- After this time take out your dough from the fridge. Let it rest at room temperature for about 2 hours. Deflate the dough, place it on a work surface lightly covered with flour and divide into 2 equal parts. Stretch ou the dough in a circular way up to maximum 0.5 cm in height. Transfer to a baking tray, cover with previously prepared tomato sauce and the toppings of your choice.
OMG! This pizza is amazing. Just like the one I had in Italy. Thank you soooo much. Can I give more ...
See Full Review >> - francis