Soft bread with evaporated milk and nuts
This soft and tasty bread is a crossing between bread and brioche. Condensed milk makes it particularly fragrant and the addition of nuts gives it a crunchy touch and it gently smells like honey.
For 4 Person(s)
Ingredients for the yeast mix
- 1.5 tsp active dry yeast* (see the notes to halve the yeast)
- 0.5 tsp sugar
- 60 ml warm water
- 0.5 cup unsweetened condensed milk (evaporated milk)
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 120 g wholemeal flour
- 200 g bread flour
- 1 handful chopped walnuts
Soft bread with evaporated milk and nuts Directions
- In a bowl mix dry yeast, sugar and warm water and set aside let stand until foamy, about 5 – 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl unite condensed milk, 2 tablespoons of water, oil, honey, salt, wheat flour and stir.
- Add the yeast mixture and bread flour to the liquid batter and helping yourself with a wood spoon stir until it begins to form a ball.
- Knead the dough by hand for about 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and even. This process can also do so in the food processor with a dough hook.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover it with a plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume (about 1 hour - 1 hour and a half). The rising times are approximate, it can take more or less time depending on the temperature of the environment, the freshness of the yeast, the strength of the flour and other factors not related to the recipe.
- Deflate the dough then add the walnuts and knead briefly.
- Form a loaf. Place in a loaf tin, previously lined with parchment paper, cover with a cotton cloth and let it become puffy for another half an hour.
* To keep your bread, rolls, pizzas, focaccia and other yeast dough recipes soft and fragrant for longer, you need to cut the amount of active dry yeast in half and extend the rising time
I would like tear a piece and chew it right now! Love that bread! ? ela - ela