No salt bread with cooked rice
This delicious bread without salt, with the addition of cooked rice, surprises with its texture and its flavor. Personally I find it perfect with cheeses and marmalade. Since it contains no salt it is great for toddlers. The recipe has been adapted from notquitenigella.com.
For 4 Person(s)
- 80 g rice
- 370 g bread flour
- 7 g active dry yeast* (see the notes to halve the yeast)
- 240 ml water at room temperature
- extra virgin olive oil
No salt bread with cooked rice Directions
- Cook the rice following the instructions on the box or your usual method and set aside to cool.
- Mix flour with dry yeast, add the rice and mix together.
- Next, add water and knead for about 10 minutes by hand or 5 minutes with electric mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment. The dough is little sticky because of the rice so you need to have some patience.
- Grease a large bowl with oil, shape the dough into a ball using lightly greased hands and put it into the bowl. Cover with a layer of plastic wrap and put in a warm place to rise for at least 1 hour or until it doubled the volume. The rising times are approximate, it can take more or less time depending on the temperature of the environment, the freshness of the yeast, the strength of the flour and other factors not related to the recipe.
- Punch down the dough, knead for 1 minute and transfer to a loaf tin greased and sprinkled with flour. Brush the loaf gently with more oil, cover with a cotton cloth and let it rest in a warm place for another 30 - 45 minutes until it rises again.
* To keep your bread, rolls, pizzas, focaccia and other yeast dough recipes soft and fragrant for longer, you need to cut the amount of active dry yeast in half and extend the rising time
Fascinating! Love the sound of this one! Thanks for sharing. xo - jannefer