Strawberry, lemon and vanilla classic American pie
Strawberry pie is a delicious tart of American origins made of vanilla pastry and strawberry filling. Fragrant, sweet and rich in flavours of fresh fruit, lemon zest and vanilla.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 lemon (only the zest)
- 800 g fresh strawberry
- 80 g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp potato or corn starch
- 1 vanilla bean
- 300 g flour
- 150 g cold butter
- 130 g white sugar
- 1 egg
Strawberry, lemon and vanilla classic American pie Directions
- In a bowl, pour the flour, add the egg, the vanilla bean seeds, grated lemon zest and the cold butter grated on a grater with large holes.
- Work the dough briefly until all the ingredients are combined. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- After this period of time take the dough from the refrigerator and put 1/4 of the dough aside. Roll out the larger part with a rolling pin to a 3 - 5 mm thick disc. Roll the pastry onto the rolling pin and transfer onto a baking tart pan, level the dough gently with your hands and remove excess of dough with a sharp knife. Prick the bottom with a fork. Use the other dough to create some decorations for pie (I cut out some flowers with a cookie cutter, and I did the woven edge). Place the tart and the decorations in the refrigerator to let it rest.
- Prepare the stuffing. Clean the strawberries and cut them into small pieces. Place the fruit in a bowl, add brown sugar, grated zest of half a lemon and the cornstarch. Mix together and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Fill the pastry base with the strawberries using the spoon. Do not pour everything on the base instead leave the excess juice into the bowl. Now you can add your decorations.