Cinnamon and ginger apple tart
A delicious pie with apples laid on a bed of home made apple jam made with various spices. Simple yet beautiful.
Waiting time 5m
For 4 Person(s)
Ingredients for the base
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 140 g very cold butter (put in from the fridge into the freezer for 10 minutes)
- 1 egg yolk
- 50 g powdered sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 8 medium apples (divide in 4 plus 4)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 0.25 tsp nutmeg
- 0.5 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 0.5 lemon (only the juice)
- some peach or apricot jam
Cinnamon and ginger apple tart Directions
- Peel 4 apples, discard the core and cut them into small pieces. Put them in a frying pan with the cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, sugar, vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon of water. Turn on the heat, cover and cook over low heat. After a few minutes mash the apples with a fork and proceed with cooking until they become asimilar to a jam. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Peel 4 apples. Divide each apple into 4 pieces and remove the core. Cut them finely into half-moon slices and place them in a bowl full of cold water and the lemon juice.
- In a bowl pour the flour and add the cold butter grated on a grater with large holes. Add the yolk, powdered sugar and a pinch of salt. Knead the dough briefly until it becomes smooth and homogeneous. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for half an hour in the refrigerator.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin to a thickness of 3 - 5 mm. Roll the pastry on the rolling pin and transfer to a round baking pan, previously greased and sprinkled with some flour. Roll out the dough and gently press it with your hands into the pan. Prick the bottom with a fork.
- Cover the pastry with apple jam. Drain the floating slices and wipe them gently with a paper towel. Begin to cover the jam with apple slices overlapping each other in a circular way, starting from the edge towards the center. When it is no longer possible to continue, place 2 slices of apple in the center facing each other.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 210 - 220°C for 15 minutes. After this time turn down the oven to 180°C and cook for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Once the tart is lukewarm brush the apples with some heated peach jam mixed with 1 tablespoon of water. Let cool completely and serve.
Perfect for fall! It looks so good and delicious! - dandash300