Tangy and creamy key lime pie
This traditional American pie has crushed cookies crust. The filling is very creamy with a pungent lime flavor and a texture that resembles almost a very light and fluffy cheesecake. Refreshing, tangy and delicious it is an as excellent summer dessert.
For 4 Person(s)
- 120 g cookies (I used digestive cookies)
- 45 g melted butter
- 1 cup evaporated milk (unsweetened condensed milk)
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 lime (only the juice)
- 2 lime (only the zest)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
Tangy and creamy key lime pie Directions
- Place your cookies in a plastic bag. Seal it then roll a rolling pin over the cookies, crumbling them until they become like sand (or you can crumble your cookies in a blender). Melt your butter, add it to the cookies and stir.
- Transfer the mix into a small round baking pan (cover the bottom with parchment paper ) and using the back of a spoon cover the bottom of the pan evenly with the crumb mix.
- Bake the cookie base in a preheated static oven at 190 °C for about 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool down while you prepare the filling.
- Whisk condensed milk, egg yolks, lime juice, lime zest, honey and sugar.
- Pour the mixture over the cookie base and cook in a preheated static oven at 170 °C for about 15 - 18 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven let it cool at room temperature and then let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or in the freezer for 15 minutes before serving.
i love key lime pie. this one is pretty easy to make. thank you - bulam