Tangy and creamy key lime pie
This American cake, which is part of the "pie" family, has the crushed cookies base instead of the classic Italian shortbread. The filling is very creamy with a pungent lime flavor and a texture that resembles almost a very light cheesecake. Refreshing, tangy and delicious it is an as excellent summer dessert.
For 4 Person(s)
- 120 g cookies (I used digestive cookies)
- 45 g melted butter
- 1 cup condensed milk (sugar free)
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 lime (only the juice)
- 2 lime (only the zest)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
Tangy and creamy key lime pie Directions
- Place the cookies in a plastic bag. Remove the air and seal it. Roll a rolling pin over the cookies, crumbling them until they become like sand (you can shorten this process by crumbling cookies in blender).
- In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add the butter to the cookies then stir.
- Transfer the mix into a small round baking dish (cover the bottom with parchment paper only) and using the back of a spoon cover the bottom of the pan evenly with the crumbs mix.
- Bake the cookie base in a preheated oven at 190 ° C for about 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool while you prepare the filling.
- In a bowl whisk condensed milk, egg yolks, lime juice, lime zest, honey and sugar.
- Pour the mixture over the cookie base and cook in a preheated oven at 170 ° C for about 15 - 18 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven let it cool at room temperature and then let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or in the freezer for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream or with a a topping of your liking.
i love key lime pie. this one is pretty easy to make. thank you - bulam