Decadent chocolate and coconut pie
This rich and decadent tart is a union between white chocolate filling and dark chocolate ganache placed over cocoa crust. A pie for true chocolate lovers.
Waiting time 3h
For 6 Person(s)
Ingredie for the base
- 160 g all-purpose flour
- 30 g dark cocoa powder
- 50 g sugar
- 100 g cold butter
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 pinch of salt
Ingredie for the filling
- 40 g butter
- 100 g white chocolate
- 200 ml heavy cream
- 100 g shredded coconut
- 30 g powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
Ingredients for the ganache
- 100 g heavy cream
- 100 g chocolate (I have used dark chocolate)
- 1 tbsp butter
Decadent chocolate and coconut pie Directions
- To create the pastry: place flour, cocoa, salt and sugar into a bowl. Stir and add cut into small pieces cold butter. Crumble it with your fingers until it has the consistency of sand. Add egg yolk and cream and knead briefly.
- Create a ball, flatten it with your hands, wrap in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Now for the filling: heat milk and butter. Remove from the heat, add previously chopped white chocolate and set asside. After about 2 minutes briefly stir the mixture. It should be smooth and homogeneous. Otherwise you should pass it through a sieve.
- Add dried coconut, powdered sugar and vanilla extract then stir.
- As the mixture cools, take the tart pan (about 22 cm wide), grease the pan with butter and then flour it slightly. Take the pastry from the fridge put on a floured surface and roll out with a rolling pin into a disk sbout 0.5 - 1 cm thick. Roll up the dough onto the rolling pin then transfer it into the pan by unrolling and leveling the dough with your hands. Eliminate the excess dough with a sharp knife. Prick the bottom with a fork then cover with a layer of baking paper and pour some dried beans, rice or ceramic balls over it. This will prevent the bottom dough from rising. In the future, you can reuse these beans for the same purpose but not for other types of cooking.
- Preheat oven to 190 °C and bake the pastry for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and the weight and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Once tart shell is baked, remove from oven and allow it to cool completely then spread the white chocolate filling on the cocoa crust.
- To prepare the glaze (same process as the filling) heat the cream with the butter, add the chocolate pieces and without stirring wait a couple of minutes. After this time stir the mixture and pour, still warm, on the tart. Smooth it out evenly.
That does look decadent and totally delicious! Salivating over your photos. - june