Ricotta and chocolate stracciatella tart
If you're a fan of pies and stracciatella flavor this is the perfect pie for you. Delicate union between the crumbly homemade pastry and creamy filling of ricotta cheese, enriched by the bitter chocolate pieces and a slight scent of lemons, makes this pie a perfect well balanced yummy dessert for hot and cold days.
For 4 Person(s)
Ingredients for the pastry
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 100 g cold butter
- 1 egg
- 80 g powdered sugar
- 0.5 lemon (only the zest)
Ingredients for the filling
- 500 g ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp (or more) brown sugar
- 0.5 tbsp vanilla extract
- 100 g chopped dark chocolate
Ricotta and chocolate stracciatella tart Directions
- Prepare the 25 cm wide round baking tray. Grease it with butter and flour it slightly.
- To create the pastry place flour, an egg, icing sugar and lemon zest in a bowl. Using the grater with large holes grate the butter. The task is easier if you put the butter in the freezer a few hours before.
- Knead briefly to mix the ingredients. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- For the filling, using a hand whisk mix ricotta cheese with an egg, vanilla extract and sugar. Chop the chocolate and add to the mixture while stirring. Set aside.
- Take the dough from the refrigerator, remove the plastic wrap and divide into 2 parts one of which should be slightly bigger than the other. Roll out the larger part with a rolling pin to a thickness of 3 - 5 mm disc. Roll the pastry onto the rolling pin and transfer onto a baking tart pan, level the dough gently with your hands and remove excess of dough with a sharp knife. Prick the bottom with a fork and pour the cream cheese and chocolate mix.
- Roll out the second part of the dough on a floured surface. With a pastry cutter or a sharp knife, cut long strips of dough. Lay the first part of the strips, leaving some space in between them, on the surface of the pie. Add the second layer of strips by crossing them with the first layer then cut off the excess of dough. Using a fork, crimp the dough to seal it.
- Bake the tart for 40 - 50 minutes in preheated oven at 180° C. Before serving let cool completely.
This pie is absolutely outstandingly delicious! This is rich, dense, chocolatey, and addictive. Got ...
See Full Review >> - Lexi Stone