Vegan pancakes with banana and peanuts
Ok, I will not lie to you ... these pancakes are fabulous. The fact that they do not contain animal derivatives (that are vegan) is just a pleasant coincidence. These soft, fragrant pancakes, with a slight aftertaste of banana and peanut have become (for now at least) our favorites pancakes. Prepared in no time in a blender . We eat them with honey or maple syrup but I think a chocolate sauce would be a perfect topping. Let me know what you think.
For 3 Person(s)
- 1 ripe banana
- 50 g shelled unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup soy milk or rice or other non-dairy milk
- 0.25 cup olive oil
- 0.5 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
Vegan pancakes with banana and peanuts Directions
- In a blender bowl/pitcher put shelled peanuts and banana.
- Blend briefly to chop everything.
- Add the milk and vegetable oil. Blend the mixture until it is smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder, a pinch of salt and a pinch of cinnamon. Blend again until you have smooth but thick batter.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat greased with a little oil. Pour a ladle of batter at the center of the pan. Cook the pancakes on both sides until golden and cooked in the middle. Serve hot.
Best pancakes I have ever eaten!!! Yummy!!! - Jenny