These delicate pancakes with the addition of ricotta cheese are a great way to start your day. Excellent for children and adults these pancakes do not contain baking powder but remain soft and fluffy due to the addition of beated egg whites.
For 3 Person(s)
- 2 eggs
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 125 ml milk
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- some lemon zest
Ricotta hotcakes Directions
- Separate the yolks from the whites in two different bowls. Add a pinch of salt to the whites and whip them until stiff. Set aside.
- Add the ricotta cheese, lemon zest, milk, and extra virgin olive oil to the yolks. Stir with a hand whisk (or electric mixer) until smooth.
- Add the flour and whisk again.
- Pour the egg whites into the batter.
- Gently stir with a spoon until the egg whites are incorporated.
- Heat the pan, grease it with a little olive oil and pour a few tablespoons of batter, creating few round pancakes.
- Cook over medium - low heat and flip them so they are golden on both sides. Serve hot with a topping to your liking.
pretty good. four stars - jaimie