These delicate pancakes with the addition of ricotta cheese are a great way to start your day. They do not contain baking powder but remain soft and fluffy due to the addition of beated egg whites.
For 3 Person(s)
- 2 eggs
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 125 ml milk
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- some lemon zest
Ricotta hotcakes Directions
- Separate the yolks from the whites in two different bowls. Add a pinch of salt to the whites and beat them until stiff. Set aside.
- Add ricotta cheese, lemon zest, milk, and extra virgin olive oil to the yolks. Stir with a hand whisk (or electric mixer) until smooth.
- Add flour and whisk again.
- Pour the egg whites into the batter.
- Gently stir in with a spoon until the egg whites are incorporated.
- Heat the pan, grease it with a little olive oil and pour a few tablespoons of batter.
pretty good. four stars - jaimie