Five-spice soft caramels
Super sweet, chewy, soft - these homemade caramels are a real treat. In addition, they are enriched with 5 spices* blend: fennel, cinnamon, cloves, pepper and star anise. A typical flavor of spiced Christmas cookies enclosed within a melt-in-your-mouth candy.
For 4 Person(s)
- 3 tsp 5 spice (I used Cannamela brand)
- 240 ml cream
- 320 g white sugar
- 60 ml water
- 1 tsp honey
- 40 g slightly salted butter
Five-spice soft caramels Directions
- For this recipe I used 5 spices blend by Cannamela. This blend of Asian origin is perfect to prepare recipes with meat, fish, spicy vegetables but also to prepare cakes and desserts. The mixture consists of fennel, cinnamon, cloves, pepper and star anise.
- To prepare this recipe you need to have a candy thermometer.
- Mix cream and 5 spices and set aside. Coat a square pan (20 x 20 cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Put sugar in a pan, add water and honey. Mix briefly and turn on the heat. From this moment do not stir the sugar. Bring the whole temperature to 160 °C, the sugar should become golden.
- Turn off the heat and add spiced cream. Stir quickly but be careful because the mixture will have a strong reaction and it is very easy to get burned. Put the pot back on the heat and cook over medium flame, stirring often, until the whole temperature is back to 120 °C.
- Turn off the heat, add butter and mix well. Pour the mixture into the pan and let it cool completely. Use kitchen towel to remove excess butter and leave it at room temperature or put in the refrigerator for 3 hours until firm.
This recipe was sponsored by Cannamela - company specialized in the production and distribution of spices from all over the world.
Absolutelly amazing flavour and texture. Loved it - Katherine