Mini tahini cakes with sesame seed brittle
Soft, sweet, delicious small cakes with particular flavor thanks to the addition of tahini (sesame paste). Garnished with a simple white chocolate icing and a homemade sesame brittle. These original and sweet dessert not only melt in your mouth but has a surprising particular shape * and fragrant aftertaste.
For 12 Serving(s)
- 100 g tahini
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds (mixed black and white)
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 150 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 g olive oil
- 120 ml milk at room temperature
- 140 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 g white chocolate
- 2 tsp tahini
- 50 g white sugar
- 50 g white and black sesame seeds
- 0.5 tbsp water
- 1 drop (about 1/4 tbsp) of liquid honey
Mini tahini cakes with sesame seed brittle Directions
- For this recipe I used Silikomart silicone molds. The mold is velvety to the touch and with well-defined details. At first I feared that the cakes would not come out of from the mold without any damage and because of that I spread some of them with olive oil. I could not be more wrong... Thye came out from mold just perfect, even from those I have not greased with oil. All you have to do is wait until they are completely cold and then flif the mold and push them out with delicacy but with determination.
- Mix sugar, tahini, vanilla extract and oil an a bowl. Combine egg and whisk, then combine milk and mix again.
- Then add sifted flour and baking powder and mix with the whisk briefly until the flour is incorporated. Finally stir in the sesame seeds.
- Fill each silicone mold with preppared batter about 1/2 in height. Bake in the pre-heated static oven at 175 °C for about 30 minutes. Once baked take them out of the oven and once completely cold remove from the mold. To do so, you shouldn't pull them, instead push the bottom of each mold until they get out.
- Prepare the glaze by melting the white chocolate mixed with 2 teaspoons of tahini over a water bath. Dip the cakes in the prepared glaze and set aside to cool down completely.
- Prepare sesame seed brittle. In a small pan add white sugar and water. Mix and then bring to a boil without stirring. Once the melted sugar becomes golden color turn off the flame, combine honey, mix and add sesame seeds. Now you have to work fast because the mixture hardens in a few minutes. Move the mixture onto a sheet of baking paper, cover it with a second sheet of baking paper and flatten into desired thickness with the rolling pin. Remove the brittle from the baking paper and cut it into desired shapes using a sharp knife.
This recipe is made thanks to the collaboration with Silikomart - a company specializing in the production of silicone molds and pastry, kitchen and ice cream utensils.