Lemon and orange cream without eggs
Delicious lemon and orange cream to use with cakes, pancakes, crepes, fruit pies or to be enjoyed with a spoon. Easy to prepare this cream without eggs and milk use the coconut milk mixed with fresh citrus juice and potato starch as a thickener. It does not use animal products so this lemon cream is vegan and thanks to the starch it is also gluten free.
For 4 Person(s)
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 lemon (organic) (juice and zest)
- 1 orange (organic) (juice and zest)
- 2 tbsp potato or corn starch
- 3 tbsp (or more) sugar
Lemon and orange cream without eggs Directions
- In a saucepan pour the coconut milk. Add the grated lemon and orange zest and sugar. Stir well to dissolve the sugar. Be careful to use only the surface of the fruit, the white part is bitter.
- In a small bowl or cup pour the freshly squeezed lemon and orange juice and add the potato starch. Stir until it is completely dissolved.
- Place the pot with the coconut milk over a medium - low flame, when it gets warm add the juice with starch. Stirring constantly, let the cream get thick. It will be even more dense once cooled down.
To tany for me, sorry. I prefer classic lemon curd - Acadiaboi