Orange and cardamom sweet quinoa - gluten free, dairy free and vegan
This dessert is a real treat. One of my favorite recipes for eating quinoa in a sweet way. Distinct flavor of cardamom and orange, and the crunchiness of quinoa come together in a surprising vegetable desserts. Moreover this recipe is gluten free, dairy free and vegan.
For 2 Person(s)
- 50 g quinoa
- 250 ml vegetable milk (I used rice milk)
- 0.5 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 orange (only the zest)
- 6 cardamom seeds
- 1 tsp corn starch
Orange and cardamom sweet quinoa - gluten free, dairy free and vegan Directions
- In a saucepan pour the vegetable milk except 1/4 cup. Add sugar and orange zest. Peel the cardamom seeds and add the inside seeds into the milk. Simmer at low flame for about 10 minutes and stirring occasionally. Past that time, strain the milk to remove seeds and zest.
- Wash well the quinoa under cold water.
- Add the quinoa to the milk and cook about 15 minutes on medium - low flame or until it has absorbed the milk.
- Towards the end of cooking add the corn starch into the milk that you have put aside and mix well. Add the mixture to the quinoa, stir and cook over low heat for 2 minutes or until the mixture becomes thick.
I love this idea as a fresh alternative to oatmeal, and I know it would keep me full and happy all m...
See Full Review >> - BellaB