Light and healthy dessert - steamed stuffed apples
This simple recipe for walnuts and honey stuffed apple is ideal for breakfast or for a hot and tasty dessert. Healthy yet delicious dessert. To make it more sinful just drop a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top ;)
For 2 Person(s)
- 2 apples
- 2 tsp honey
- 6 walnuts
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 10 raisins or dried cranberries
- lemon zest or freshly grated ginger to taste
- lemon juice to taste
Light and healthy dessert - steamed stuffed apples Directions
- Clean the apples and make a horizontal cut at the top part of each apple to create a "lid". Use an ice cream spoon or a regular spoon to eliminate the core and create a cavity in the center of the apple.
- Place in each cavity some shelled walnuts, raisins and grated lemon zest (or freshly grated ginger). Sprinkle each apple with 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and add a teaspoon of honey. Close your apples with the part that you have cut before. Place the fruit in a heatproof bowl and place in the steamer or use the alternative steaming cooking method. Steam for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Open the steamer and gently take out the fruit. Remove the top lid and sprinkle with a few drops of lemon juice. Serve hot.
these look so good and I can just imagine the smell! I have everything I need so I will be cooking t...
See Full Review >> - stem83