Spiced pumpkin cupcakes with crunchy streusel
Delicate, dense, sweet, slightly crunchy on the surface spiced cupcakes with pumpkin. Simple yet delicious. Perfect as a Halloween recipe for children.
For 12 Serving(s)
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 g brown sugar
- 0.5 cup vegetable oil (I used mixed seeds oil)
- 2 big eggs
- 1 generous cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 0.5 tsp ground cardamom
Ingredients for the streusel
- 170 g brown sugar
- 0.25 tsp cinnamon
- 0.25 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp melted butter
Spiced pumpkin cupcakes with crunchy streusel Directions
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and spices and put aside.
- Prepare the streusel by mixing all the ingredients together then putting them aside for later use.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar with oil and beat with electric mixer for about a minute.
- Gradually add eggs and finally the pumpkin puree while still beating.
- Finally add the mixture of flour and spices and beat briefly until all the ingredients are well-blended.
- Line your muffin panwith paper liners and fill up to 3/4 in height with the prepared batter. Add prepared streusel and bake in pre-heated static oven at 180 °C for 25 to 30 minutes or until the toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
(vegetarian, lactose free)