Cupcakes with fresh pineapple, cream cheese frosting and pineapple flowers
Dense, moist but delicate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and fresh pineapple. Decorated with a simple to prepare yet so beautiful decorations of pineapple flowers.
For 10 Serving(s)
- 1 egg
- 0.75 cup chopped pineapple (fresh)
- 0.25 cup vegetable oil (I used sunflower oil)
- 0.25 cup milk
- 2 tbsp (or more) brown sugar
- 1.5 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
Ingredients for the frosting and flowers
- 10 (or more= thin slices of fresh pineapple
- 150 g cream cheese
- 50 g soft butter
- 0.5 cup (or more) powdered sugar
Cupcakes with fresh pineapple, cream cheese frosting and pineapple flowers Directions
- In a bowl mix the egg, chopped pineapple, oil, milk and sugar.
- Add the sifted flour and the baking powder and stir briefly. Do not overmix the batter.
- Line your muffin pan with paper liners and fill up to 3/4 in height with the prepared batter. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 20 - 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- For the flower decoration: peel the pineapple and cut it with a sharp knife into very thin slices (a couple of millimeters). Dry the slices with kitchen paper and laid on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake in preheated oven at 100 °C for 1 hour - 1 hour and a half turning a couple of times while baking. Switch off the oven and place hot slices inside cups, or like I did, in the muffin tin. They will dry out completely and and will have the shape of a flower.
Genius! The dried pineapple is the perfect flower. I've tried your muffins, I expected something mor...
See Full Review >> - Stephanie